Brisbane General Practice Education Day 2016
- : St Lucia QLD 4067
This seminar focuses on a range of general practice topics, requested by the GPs of Australia. Designed to suit your learning needs, this one-day seminar gives you the resources and practical strategies you need for your practice.
The seminar includes 18 different topics on general practice, presented by experts in the field. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
GPs will gain 16 category 2 CPD points for attending the seminar. An optional 40 category 1 CPD points are available, instructions for the ALM will be provided at the seminar.
See www.healthed.com.au/seminars/bgped16/ for more information.
- Managing Enuresis in Children - Specific Topic to Be Determined by Survey;A/Prof Patrina Caldwell, Paediatrician; Senior Staff Specialist, The Children’s Hospital, Westmead
- NOACs: Explore How Emerging Evidence is Influencing Treatment Considerations for Doctors and Patients; Dr Prasad Challa, Director of Cardiology, Logan Hospital
- Non-Drug Alternatives to Statins; A/Prof David Colquhoun, Cardiologist, Wesley Medical Centre
- Using the New Zoster Vaccination in GP; Prof Tony Cunningham, Founding Director, The Westmead Institute for Medical Research; Director, Australian Centre for HIV and Hepatitis Virology Research (ACH2)
- Assessment and Management for the Patient with Unusual Fatigue - What to Do When OSA has Been Excluded?; Dr David Cunnington, Sleep Physician; Director, Melbourne Sleep Disorders Centre
- Australia and the Ice Epidemic: Sorting Out the Fact from Fiction for GPs;Paul Dillon, Educator, DARTA
- A Practical Case Based Approach to Assessment and Management of Testosterone Deficiency in Men; Dr Michael Gillman, Mens Health, St Andrews Hospital
- Low Back Pain - A Practical Approach for GPs; Dr Tim Grice, Fellow, Faculty of Pain Medicine, Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
- Travel Medicine for Children - Tips and Traps; Dr Bernard Hudson, Senior Lecturer, Medicine, Northern Clinical School, University of Sydney
- Medico-Legal Risks of eHealth; Dr Walid Jammal, Senior Medical Advisor, Avant
- New Developments in Management of Mood Disorders - Practical Implications for the GP; Jon-Paul Khoo, Consultant Psychiatrist, Toowong Private Hospital
- The Renewed National Cervical Cancer Screening Programme; Dr Jo Mountford, Liaison Physician, VCS
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder; Dr Doug Shelton, Director, Community Child Health Gold Coast, Queensland Health
- Hep C Antiviral Drugs - How to Use in GP; Dr Katherine Stuart, Head of Hepatology, Princess Alexandra Hospital
- An Update for GPs on Modern Radiation Therapy & Hormones for Prostate Cancer; A/Prof Sandra Turner, Radiation Oncologist, Crown Princess Mary Cancer Centre, Westmead Hospital
- eMental Health - What GPs Need to Know; Dr Genevieve Yates, GP, Medical Educator and RACGP Queensland State Censor; Black Dog Institute
- House Dustmite Allergy, Rhinitis and Asthma – When to Suspect, How to Manage, Common Myths and Misperceptions; Speaker TBA
- A No Nonsense Approach to Managing the Typical T2 Diabetes Patient; Speaker TBA