Bullying in the workplace
This module aims to assist all nursing and midwifery personnel to identify bullying in the workplace and appreciate the effect it can have on anyone who is being bullied. It details what can be done to prevent or stop bullying and the most appropriate way to deal with it, both from within and from outside an organization.
The module is aimed at all nursing and midwifery staff and all managers. It is also a useful guide for those who may or may not realise that their actions are distressing or harmful to their colleagues.
At the end of this module participants will be able to:
- Understand what workplace bullying is.
- Know what cyber bullying is.
- Understand what is not bullying in the workplace.
- Understand what laws and legislation may be used to take action where bullying in the workplace is alleged to have occurred.
- Understand some of the actions that may be taken by an individual who believes they are being bullied in the workplace.
- Know the various options for action if you witness workplace bullying.