Busting the myths and redefining myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS)
- : Online
ME/CFS is a complex, chronic, debilitating disease with systemic effects, which is estimated to affect up to 250,000 Australians. This module aims to educate GPs and others working in the primary care space about our evolving understanding of ME/CFS as an illness, and looks at some of the myths surrounding diagnosis and treatment.
On completion of this education activity participants will be able to:
- Be aware of the latest developments in our understanding of the pathophysiology and resulting management of ME/CFS.
- Understand the benefits for patients of timely diagnosis of ME/CFS.
- Accurately diagnose ME/CFS based on the latest guideline recommendations.
- Implement a coordinated treatment plan to effectively address ME/CFS in general practice.
- Access and utilise tools and resources for optimising outcomes in patients with ME/CFS.
This activity is sponsored by Emerge Australia.
This education is designed to take 1 hour to complete. It does not need to be completed in one sitting. You can stop at any time, and progress will be saved.
If you need any assistance or have any feedback about this education, please contact our helpdesk at thinkgpreedexhibitions.com.au
Click here for more information.