Cancer and Women: A Conference for Nurses
- : Sydney NSW 2000
Attend this conference and gain relevant and useful knowledge about a range of factors that confront women who have a cancer diagnosis. Discover:
- What will the trends be for nursing women with cancer in the future?
- What is the psychological impact of a cancer diagnosis?
- Are certain cancers more likely to recur and can this be averted?
- What is involved in genetic counselling?
- What options may assist to preserve fertility?
- Does oestrogen have any impact on lung cancer?
- What practical support can I offer a woman to help her adjust to changes associated with body image?
Don’t miss this important conference! Book now!Schedule
Coming Soon!Day Two
Coming Soon!The Goal Need for Program
The complex nature of a cancer diagnosis in women is constantly evolving. As the prevalence of cancer increases, so does the advancement of knowledge of diagnosis and treatment. Inherent in the nurse's role when caring for women with cancer, is the need to interpret and apply evidence-based care. This conference will help you stay up-to-date on modern cancer challenges facing women and assist you to provide high quality, holistic care.Purpose of Program
The purpose of this conference is provide a comprehensive, evidence-based update on a range of challenges facing a woman diagnosed with cancer so as to provide improved health outcomes.Your learning outcomes:
Understand the implications of cancer diagnosis on the physical, psychological and social health of a woman so as to improve the patient’s experience
Apply evidence-based principles of care to women experiencing a range of cancers to reduce complications and improve symptom management
Communicate effectively with women about aspects of their cancer diagnosis and treatment so as to develop a holistic, therapeutic relationship that leads to better quality of life
Implement practical, evidence-based strategies to improve a woman’s nutritional status and body image during a cancer diagnosis to promote recoveryPresenters
To Be Determined