Cardiovascular Critical Care Nursing
- : Online
A cardiothoracic intensive care nurse works in a highly specialized cardiothoracic intensive care unit (ICU) catering to the needs of patients requiring constant monitoring and whose clinical conditions are considered critical. The cardio-thoracic intensive care nurse is skillful at noting subtle hemodynamic changes that could lead to serious complications and providing immediate interventions as required.
This course will provide the learner to understand about the core competencies/skills needed for a cardio vascular critical care nurse and to comprehend the ability to work in a dynamic and intense environment.Learning Outcomes
- Understand cardiovascular critical care nursing and cardiovascular intensive care unit.
- Review basic heart anatomy.
- Know clinical judgement in critical care.
- Identify indications for adult cardiac surgery.
- Comprehend pre-operative and post-operative cardiac surgery nursing evaluation.
- Familiarize cardiac arrest management after cardiac surgery.
- Interpret cardiac diseases and critical care nursing management.