Care planning during a pandemic: Advance Care Directive, Advanced Care Plan and Enduring Guardianship
On-demand recorded 11 Jun 2020
In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, planning for future medical treatment and personal care, as well as ultimate health outcomes is now more relevant than ever.
Studies have shown that although such planning improves the end of life experience for both patients and relatives, the actual prevalence of such planning is staggeringly low.
The primary care setting provides a unique opportunity for discussion of patient-centred care, and the role of the GP in initiating and facilitating care planning cannot be underestimated.
This webinar explores how to incorporate planning into your healthcare provision, the legal and ethical aspects of planning, barriers to implementation and GP resources.
- Categorise the three planning entities: Advance Care Directive, Advance Care Plan and Enduring Guardianship, outlining their differences and similarities
- Outline how to incorporate the “care plan” conversation into your consultation
- Discuss the legal and ethical aspects of care planning
- Analyse care planning in relation to the current pandemic
- Identify resources available to GPs for care planning
This event attracts 2 CPD points
Dr Ramya Raman
FRACGP, MBBS, Dip Child Health, BSSc (Psych)
Ms Lucille Antonio
Education Administrator, Faculties
Dr Fermin Blanco Mayo