Catharsis: Release through Art
- : 51 Lady Carrington Rd Otfrd NSW 2508
“CATHARSIS: RELEASE THROUGH ART” ONE DAY WORKSHOP Created and run by health professionals for all professionals 1 day intensive workshop location : Tuesday the 3rd of December at Govinda Valley Retreat Otford Being a professional can be a difficult job as you are often required to work and interact with emotional, vulnerable and distressed people. It is important to have ongoing self care tools to avoid burnout, as the biggest demand on you is ongoing stress. Do you feel run down, exhausted, burnt out? It is important to recognise the signs of burnout:
• Loss of motivation and energy
• Feeling helpless or hopeless, as if your work is pointless
• Chronic fatigue
• Becoming overly cynical
• Becoming “closed off” to any input
• Irritability or quickness to anger
• Depression or anxiety Causes of burnout:
• Clients loads are too high
• Feeling of a lack of control over your work
• Too little reward for the work being done
• A breakdown in support from colleagues
• Clashes between your values as a therapist and your workplace demands
• Vicarious trauma
• Compassion fatigue The aim of this 1 day workshop is to interactively assist you in discovering and experiencing effective tools for self care – connecting, grounding and revitalising you from within. This experiential workshop will help you to deal with:
• Vicarious trauma
• Compassion fatigue
• Professional burnout Workshop date and location –Set in the nature setting at Govinda Valley retreat. -Tuesday the 3rd of December, 9.45 am to 5pm,Govinda Valley retreat, 51 Lady Carrington Rd, Otford NSW 2508 -34.2087675,151.004461,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x25d292d78370c3b7!8m2!3d-34.2087675!4d151.004461" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" rs_id="1057" target="_blank">Google map for Govinda Valley Retreat click here The workshop incorporates a combination of Expressive Art therapies, Somatic Experiencing and Mindfulness approaches. The workshop content is interactive, offering experiential exercises, self-inquiry, painting/drawing, creative journaling and the opportunity for self-reflection. Standard rate: $400 Our Introductory offer $279 The workshop is approved by Australian Counselling Association for professional counsellors (ACA) for 5 hours of OPD.
We will provide you with : All equipment and resources for your art session including your canvas. Fresh Tea on arrival, mid-morning fruits and tea ,Lunch and afternoon tea and fruits provided. Your artwork is yours to keep.
- Working with Loss and Trauma Related to Past and F...
- Posted By https://vanish.org.au
- Posted Date: 2019-10-09
- Location:Geelong VIC 3220
- Designed for a broad range of professionals in the health and community sector.