Certificate in Primary Care Skin Cancer Medicine
- : Brisbane City QLD 4000
Understand the fundamentals required to effectively diagnose skin cancer and perform basic treatments in the primary care setting, including dermoscopy, surgical and non-surgical treatments.
In collaboration with:
YOUR LEARNING OUTCOMES
The goal of this program is to provide introductory training in the diagnosis and management of skin cancer medicine in the primary care setting.
As a result of this foundational training, you will be able to:
- Diagnose common skin cancers and associated conditions.
- Describe how to perform skin checks and identify suspicious skin lesions.
- Explain how to use a dermatoscope.
- Use the 3-point checklist to identify benign skin lesions.
- Use the 3-point checklist to identify suspicious skin lesions.
- Select appropriate treatment options for common skin cancers.
- Explain how to safely excise and close small and low-risk skin cancers with direct suture.
- Identify limitations in training and experience, and refer necessary patients to the appropriate specialist.
This course includes practical hands-on surgery sessions. Our team of surgical assistants will guide and support you as you practise the various surgical techniques.
Practical activities in this workshop include:
- Punch biopsy
- Shave biopsy
- Simple interrupted sutures
- Burried interrupted sutures
- Elliptical excisions
What you get for your one-off investment:
- Online pre-workshop activity (to be completed in your own time prior to the workshop component).
- Two-day practical workshop including catering.
- All materials including surgical instruments and consumables for practical sessions.
- Full-colour workbook including all presentation slides.
- Additional online training in dermoscopy.
- 18 video-based lectures for reference and review for life.
- Post-workshop online assessment (to be completed in your own time within three months of attending the workshop).
- Lifetime support in monthly webinars with the opportunity to discuss cases with course presenters.
- The University of Queensland School of Medicine Award upon successfully passing the assessment.
- CPD points (see below for details).