Certificate in Primary Care Skin Cancer Surgery
- : Brisbane, Queensland
Consolidate essential skills with more advanced dermatoscopy, broaden your therapeutic options, including curette and cautery, and practice various surgical techniques which will prepare you for almost any lesion needing elliptical excision, including lower leg grafting.
In collaboration with
YOUR LEARNING OUTCOMES
The course provides advanced training in skin cancer surgery and teaches various techniques allowing GPs to treat more complex cases in the primary care setting.
As a result of this foundational training, you will be able to:
- Explain how to tailor incisions to the patient, improving cosmetic outcomes and reducing scarring.
- Describe surgical anatomy, skin lines and local anaesthetic blocks.
- Identify dog ear repairs, wound care and various dressings.
- Identify safe, advanced suture techniques needed to close excisions, including vertical mattress, horizontal mattress and deep suturing.
- Explain how to perform rotation flaps and advancement flaps.
- Describe when to apply full thickness grafts.
- Identify limitations in training and experience referring necessary patients to the appropriate specialist.
This course includes practical surgery sessions. Our team of surgical assistants will guide and support you as you practise the various surgical techniques.
Practical activities in this workshop include:
- Different types of suturing techniques
- Elliptical excisions
- Rotation flaps
- Advancement flaps
- Full thickness grafts
What you get for your one-off investment:
- Online pre-workshop activity (to be completed in your own time prior to the workshop component).
- Two-day weekend practical workshop including catering.
- All materials including surgical instruments and consumables for practical sessions.
- Full-colour workbook including all presentation slides.
- Additional online training and assessment including dermatoscopy training.
- Post-workshop online assessment (to be completed in your own time within three months of attending the workshop).
- University of Queensland School of Medicine award upon successfully passing the assessment.
- Category 1 accredited CPD points (see below for details).
- Lifetime support in monthly webinars with the opportunity to discuss cases with course presenters.