Certificate in Primary Care Skin Cancer Therapeutics
- : Brisbane City QLD 4000
Consolidate essential skills with more advanced dermatoscopy, broaden your therapeutic options, including curette and cautery, and practice various surgical techniques which will prepare you for almost any lesion needing elliptical excision, including lower leg grafting.
In collaboration with
YOUR LEARNING OUTCOMES
The course offers a solid foundation for various surgical techniques and provides an excellent introduction to advanced dermatoscopy.
As a result of this training, you will be able to:
- Appropriately select and perform different suturing techniques.
- Identify the correct local anaesthetics.
- Identify the risks and complications of local anaesthetics.
- Recognize how to perform safe incisions and maintain haemostasis while performing minor procedures including excisions, biopsies and grafts.
- Recognize how to perform safe curettage and cautery on small low risk lesions.
- Describe safe elliptical excisions with appropriate margins based on NHMRC guidelines.
- Explain the chaos and clues pattern recognition process to differentiate between benign and suspicious skin lesions.
- Identify and select appropriate topical treatment options for common skin cancers and precancerous conditions.
This course includes practical surgery sessions. Our team of surgical assistants will guide and support you as you practise the various surgical techniques.
Practical activities in this workshop include:
- Various suturing techniques including suturing on "paper-thin" skin
- Curettage and cautery
- Elliptical excisions
- Lower leg grafts
What you get for your one-off investment:
- Online pre-workshop activity (to be completed in your own time prior to the workshop component).
- Two-day weekend practical workshop including catering.
- All materials including surgical instruments and consumables for practical sessions.
- Full-colour workbook including all presentation slides.
- Additional online training and assessment including dermatoscopy training.
- Post-workshop online assessment (to be completed in your own time within three months of attending the workshop).
- University of Queensland School of Medicine award upon successfully passing the assessment.
- Category 1 accredited CPD points (see below for details).
- Lifetime support in monthly webinars with the opportunity to discuss cases with course presenters.