Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine
- : Online
This is the recommended starting point for GPs wanting to expand their knowledge and skills in primary care skin cancer medicine. The focus is on core skills for the safe practice of skin cancer medicine.
Techniques for diagnosis are covered including clinical examination, assessing risk factors for skin cancer, basic dermoscopy, and biopsy (shave, punch and excision). Both surgical and non-surgical management options are explored including elliptical surgery and basic suturing techniques.
Total lecture hours:
Personal study hours:
Total contact hours:
Pre-reading material is provided upon registrations. Recommended text is also suggested, eg “Dermatologic Surgery” by Allison T Vidimos
Attendees will be emailed approximately 3 weeks post event with a request for them to advise how they utilised and implemented their newly acquired skills and knowledge. This is all done via email.
1. Increased ability to reduce and treat common complications of dermatologic surgery.
2. Increased understanding of principles of dermoscopy and ability to identify common skin lesions with the assistance of the dermatoscope.
3. Improved suturing techniques.
4. Improved understanding of the various biopsy techniques and ability to confidently perform each technique.
5. Improved knowledge and management of melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer.
Delegates are able to register for the online exam process, plus the 5 case log book. Once both components are completed and passed this concludes the assessment.
Procedural Grant - eligible for 2 days under Surgery