This is a Promoted Post!
Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) management in general practice
- : South Wharf VIC 3006
This education discusses the detection of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) in general practice. Staging of Chronic Kidney Disease is discussed and action plans for each stage are outlined. Complications of CKD are listed and the targets for various clinical features are described. The role of the management team is outlined and indications for referral to a nephrologist are discussed.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Understand the new recommendations for the detection and staging of Chronic Kidney Disease in Australia.
- Outline how and when to detect Chronic Kidney Disease.
- Know the clinical actions plans for management of Chronic Kidney Disease according to stage.
- Understand the link between Chronic Kidney Disease, cardiovascular health and diabetes.
- Ensure patient safety by putting practice systems in place to identify and recall patients at increased risk of kidney disease for a kidney health check