Clinical Management of Osteoarthritis
- : Online
This learning program is designed to introduce you to the Clinical Management of Osteoarthritis. The program begins with a brief overview of osteoarthritis (OA) and of OA preventive measures. You will then learn about the diagnostic assessment of OA and about the various therapeutic options available for treatment. Finally, you will be introduced to some of the outcome measures and treatment guidelines used for OA.
Upon completion of this learning program, you will be able to::
- Identify the various preventive measures for osteoarthritis.
- Recognize the symptoms of osteoarthritis and the diagnostic tools used in its assessment.
- Describe the therapeutic options used for osteoarthritis treatment.
- Understand the use of outcome measures and clinical guidelines in the management of osteoarthritis
- Popup: Lifestyle Interventions
- Popup: Pharmacological Interventions
- Popup: Surgical Interventions
- Popup: Rehabilitative Interventions
- Popup: The Kellgren-Lawrence Grading System
- Side Note: Did You Know? – Outerbridge’s Grading System
- Side Note: Digging Deeper – How do Pharmacological Therapies Actually Work?
- Popup: WOMAC Scoring Sheet
- Side Note: Digging Deeper – Other Outcome Measures