Clinician Performed Ultrasound - Young
- : Online
Our Ultrasound workshop is specifically designed for :
· All clinicians involved in the acute management of ill and injured patients
· Clinicians who perform cannulation and other common clinical procedures
1. Understand the role of point of care ultrasound in the resuscitation and acute treatment of patients
2. Learn to perform the components of a resuscitative ultrasound protocol
3. Perform ultrasound guided cannulation and intercostal drain insertion
Total lecture hours:
Total simulated hours:
Personal study hours:
Total contact hours:
5 pre questions.
5 post questions.
1. List different ultrasound findings related to acutely unwell patients
2. Use a systematic approach to apply ultrasound findings in the management of acutely unwell patients
3. Describe the features of pneumothorax and pulmonary oedema on lung ultrasound
4. Describe how to perform an e-fast scan
5. Use a systematic approach to apply findings of an e-fast scan in the management of trauma patient
Course eligible for 1 day of rural procedural grant under any component.