Common eye conditions
- : Online
This education discusses the common causes of vision loss and common eye conditions, the presenting features, diagnostic assessments and management. Indications for referral and the contents of referral letters to the optometrist/ophthalmologist are detailed.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the common causes of vision loss and common eye conditions including red eye.
- Discuss the symptoms of the various causes of vision loss and common eye conditions including red eye.
- Describe the management of the common causes of vision loss and common eye conditions including red eye.
- Identify the appropriate situation to refer to an optometrist or ophthalmologist and what to include in referral letters.
- Ensure patient safety by indicating the conditions requiring urgent referral for specialist care.
This education was prepared by Vision 2020 Australia in conjunction with ThinkGP.
If you need any assistance or have any feedback about this education, please contact our helpdesk at thinkgpreedexhibitions.com.au