Contraceptive Implant (Implanon NXT) Insertion and Removal Training – face to face assessment (for Sydney based practitioners)
Learn or refresh your knowledge about the contraceptive implant, Implanon NXT and the skills to safely insert and remove the device. This combination of online self-paced learning and face to face, supervised hands on training and assessment is suitable both as an introduction for new inserters or a refresher.
- Contraceptive options and their efficacy
- Long acting reversible contraception (LARC) including contraceptive implants
- Pharmacokinetics of Implanon NXT
- Indications and contraindications
- Initiation of the contraceptive implant including client consultation, administration of local anaesthetic and the safe insertion and removal of the implant in a primary care setting
- Management of common side effects
Following the successful completion of the course, participants must ensure they have adequate professional indemnity insurance to implement Implanon NXT insertion and removal into their scope of practice.
Who should attend?
Doctors, registered nurses and midwives in Sydney metropolitan area. Rural and remote participants can attend Contraceptive Implant (Implanon NXT) Insertion and Removal Training – Online.
Completion of online learning (3-4 hours) is essential prior to undertaking the practise and assessment component of the course. Participants have access to the online learning at least 2 weeks before the workshop.
Face to face practise and assessment
Participants attend 1 hour face to face group session (with physical distancing ) to practise insertion and removal of Implanon NXT on model arm under the supervision of a Family Planning NSW clinical instructor, followed by a competency assessment.
Eligibility / Prerequisite
Current registration with the Medical Board of Australia or Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
The assessment requirements include satisfactory completion of online learning, and successful completion of the competency assessment.
$260. All learning materials are included in the course costs.
Recognition / Accreditation
Participants who successfully complete the full course will be issued with a Statement of Completion.
This education is a CPD Activity under the RACGP CPD Program for the 2020 - 2022 Triennium. Activity ID: 221483.
Activity ID: 20092. 3 hours under Educational Activities Category approved. 1 hour under Performance Review.
This course is equivalent to a minimum of 5 hours to meet the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) requirements for CPD.
- Grieving Good & Feeling Better - Short Course
- Posted By House to Grow Charity
- Posted Date: 2021-07-29
- Shot course for healthcare profesionals dealing with distressed and grieving clients.
- Emotional Intelligence for Nurses and Midwives
- Posted By House to Grow Charity
- Posted Date: 2021-07-28
- Unleash your full potential with Emotional Intelligence- will facilitate the development of your EQ
- Restrictive Practices New Requirements
- Posted By Aged care Learning Solutions
- Posted Date: 2021-07-15
- A short learning activity about restrictive practices in residential aged care. This includes update...
- Bladder scanning to measure urine volume
- Posted By My Midwifery & Nursing CPD (MNCPD)
- Posted Date: 2021-07-07
- Overview A bladder scan is a non-invasive test that is used to measure the volume of urine the bl...