Cosmetic Nursing Courses
The Certificate of Cosmetic Nursing is suitable for APHRA registered Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses and Endorsed Enrolled Nurses.
- Foundation neurotoxin and dermal filler treatments.
- The identification of suitable treatments for clients seeking facial aesthetic injectable treatments.
- Comprehensive training; both didactic and hands-on practical training with live cosmetic models.
- Upon completion you will be a Certified Practitioner Cosmetic Injector within a highly lucrative and growing industry.
The course will equip you with the knowledge and skill to carry out the six most commonly requested facial aesthetic injectable treatments:
- Frown lines.
- Crow’s feet
- Dermal filler
- Cheek augmentation.
- Lip enhancements.
- Oral commissures.
- This course is perfect for those getting started in aesthetic medicine.
Your comprehensive hands-on training will be supervised by highly-skilled and experienced aesthetic trainers. The training sessions run in groups of 4-8 students, ensuring your opportunity to practice is enhanced. We encourage you to receive treatment and/or bring along a model to assist you with your ongoing learning and follow up of treatment results. All treatments are performed on live cosmetic models and you will have plenty of opportunities to inject models on the course training days. Ample time is allocated to this part of the day, so that you are confident to practice independently upon completion of your course.
The aims and outcomes of the course upon completion are to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- Develop analytical and critical appraisal skills in the theory of cosmetic treatments.
- Develop practical injecting skills in administration of foundation neurotoxin and dermal filler treatments.
- Demonstrate professional decision-making incorporating evidence-based rationale in a variety of diverse and complex situations related to cosmetic medicine.
- Apply advanced problem-solving skills in clinical practice.
- Demonstrate leadership in the delivery and advancement of cosmetic treatments.
- Demonstrate evaluation skills in the delivery of care to patients.
Further optional one-to-one clinical training is available through our Coaching Clinic sessions allowing you to consolidate your practical skills.
CPD Nurse Membership is an option available to Victorian based nurses who wish to work autonomously under the supervision of a doctor. Please discuss this membership this option with CPD Institute of Australia management.
The course is conducted over 4 days and qualifies for a total of 28 CPD hours.
The course covers the use of both foundation anti-wrinkle treatments and foundation dermal fillers.
Modules are integrated throughout the course and are not delivered as stand-alone modules.
Modules: Foundation Neurotoxin and Dermal Filler Treatments
- Module 1 Facial anatomy, physiology and the aging process.
- Module 2 Assess a person’s suitability for treatment covering both physical and mental aspects.
- Module 3 Treatments and scope of practice.
- Module 4 Communication and Consultation Skills.
- Module 5 Injection Treatments and Dosages