Critical Illness in Adults
- : Online
An interactive workshop incorporating lectures and medical simulation to reinforce leanings on the following topics, cardiac arrest, adult airways, acute coronary syndrome and common ECG's in a patient centered context.
Total lecture hours:
Total simulated hours:
Personal study hours:
Total contact hours:
Prereading and predisposing activity will cover cardiac arrest & acute coronary syndrome
Reinforcing activity will cover the following: • Review your procedures for managing cardiac arrest. • Review your emergency equipment and medication available if a cardiac arrest were to present. • Review the available guidelines.
• You will be able to discuss your approach to the non-technical skills required in cardiac arrest.
• You will review or implement a system to assess patients presenting with acute coronary syndrome.
• You will describe your decision making in the treatment of the adult cardiac arrest.
• You will be able to identify a structured approach to ECG interpretation.
• You will be able to describe your strategies and techniques in assessment of a patient requiring airway support.
Attendees will be required to complete pre-reading and a predisposing activity on key elements of the workshop. On completion of the workshop you will be required to complete a reinforcing activity in order to obtain your CPD points and certificate.
Rural Procedural Grants Program - Elligible for 1 day under Emergency