This is a Promoted Post!
Dementia in Primary Care: Diagnosis
- : Melbourne VIC 3000
This activity describes the different types of dementia and highlights their similarities and differentiating features. Mild cognitive impairment (MCI) is discussed and the link between MCI and dementia is explored. Barriers to diagnosis, from the perspective of the GP and carer are explored and the consequences of not diagnosing dementia are listed.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the different types of dementia and differentiate between them.
- Describe the sequence of investigations required to make the diagnosis of dementia.
- Discuss the barriers to the diagnosis of dementia.
- List the consequences to not recognising dementia.
- Ensure patient safety by confidently assessing patients with cognitive impairment.