This is a Promoted Post!
Diabetes and chronic kidney disease: a sinister combination
- : Sydney NSW 2000
Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney disease and approximately 1/3 of all people with diabetes will have Diabetic Kidney Disease (DKD). This education investigates the relationship between kidney disease and diabetes and the significant changes in management that are required in individuals who have both conditions.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the eight major risk factors for Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
- Discuss how to measure kidney function and interpret the results.
- Outline the optimal management of diabetic kidney disease.
- Explain the need to screen high risk individuals for CKD.
- Ensure patient safety by being able to implement a practice based system to perform a Kidney Health Check for patients at increased risk of CKD.