- : Online
First aid is the immediate and temporary treatment of a victim of sudden illness or injury while awaiting the arrival of medical aid. Proper early measures may be instrumental in saving life and ensuring a better and more rapid recovery. Staying safe and helping others is the major intention of first aid provider.
This course aims at helping the health professionals to identify and eliminate potentially hazardous conditions in their environment, recognize emergencies and make appropriate decisions for first aid care. It also teaches skills that health professionals need to know in order to provide immediate care for a suddenly ill or injured person until more advanced medical care arrives to take over.Learning Outcomes
- State first aid principles.
- Identify, assess and manage an emergency situation in accordance with DRSABCD.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
- Operate AED in accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines.
- Assess the casualty and situation and respond in accordance with first aid principles and procedures.
- Discuss about communicating to emergency services.
- Determine documentation, reporting and confidentiality.
- Understand seeking feedback and participating in debriefing.