Focused Cardiac Ultrasound - Day Workshop
Focused Cardiac Ultrasound - 3 day courses provide intensive, practical hands-on learning on the application of ultrasound when assessing the heart and chest.
The course has been specifically designed for the physician who wants to learn echocardiography as an extension of the physical examination.
- Modify ultrasound system controls to attain basic practical proficiency in image optimisation to facilitate accurate diagnosis
- Demonstrate basic practical proficiency in performing and interpreting the goal directed basic echo examination (4 basic views)
- Translate the ultrasound finding to diagnose, differentiate and manage the principal acute cardiovascular and respiratory syndromes:
- Cardiac tamponade syndromes (pericardial and non-pericardial)
- Reduced preload and preload responsiveness parameters
- Left and right ventricular contractility, dimensions and interactions
- Echocardiographic evidence for pulmonary emboli
- Significant valvular abnormalities with clinical and haemodynamic significance
- Hypoxia and respiratory failure, including pulmonary oedema, pneumothorax and pleural effusions
- Discuss the clinical role, practical applications and limitations of the goal directed basic echo examination
- Document and present complete and accurate sonographic findings for recording in the patient’s record to facilitate appropriate diagnosis and clinical management
Post course questionnaire and course evaluation