Foundation Neurotoxin Course
- : Online
The course is designed to provide skills and knowledge to identify suitable treatments for patients seeking facial aesthetic injectable treatments, and to perform those treatments. The aim is to ensure that clinicians perform aesthetic treatments in an informed and ethical manner
The training sessions run in groups of 4-6 students,
This course will cover:
Facial anatomy and physiology.
Assess a person’s suitability for treatment to covering both physical and mental aspects.
The neurotoxin treatments available
Communication and Consultation Skills.
Injection Treatments and Dosages
Practical Experience with live models
Total lecture hours:
Total simulated hours:
Personal study hours:
Total contact hours:
Pre-learning powerpoint followed by pre-learning quiz. Quiz to be brought to course for discussion.
Post- learning quiz to be provided to CPD Institute prior to issue of certificate.
Course Aims, Objectives and Outcomes.
The aims and outcomes of the course upon completion are to provide participants with knowledge and skills to:
- Develop analytical and critical appraisal skills in theory of neurotoxin treatments.
- Develop practical injecting skills in administration of foundation neurotoxin treatments.
- Conduct an assessment of patient’s psychological suitability for non-surgical procedures including identification of body dysmorphic disorder.
- Analyse an individual patient aesthetically using knowledge and understanding of facial anatomy to inform this assessment.
- Develop a treatment plan for each patient based on physical and psychological assessment and consultation.
- Execute a patient treatment plan using appropriate anatomically correct injection sites and depth of needle in injecting.
- Demonstrate professional decision-making incorporating evidence based rationale in a variety ofsituations related to cosmetic medicine.
- Develop a plan for appropriate follow up care and management of adverse events.
- Apply problem-solving skills in clinical practice.
- Demonstrate evaluation skills in delivery of care to patients.
Pre-learning powerpoint and quiz.
Feedback from educator during course.
Quiz completed during course.
Post course quiz.