Fundamentals Training in Opioid Treatment
- : Online
A short, introductory, online course for all health professionals to develop knowledge about the operation of the NSW Opioid Treatment Program and the safe prescribing of opioid pharmacotherapies. The course, which aligns with the NSW Clinical Guidelines: Treatment of Opioid Dependence 2018, is the first step for medical and nurse practitioners to become an accredited prescriber of opioid pharmacotherapies in NSW. By completing this short course, you will meet the following learning objectives:
- Effectively manage opioid dependence through available treatments in line with the NSW Opioid Treatment Program (OTP).
- Incorporate knowledge around treatment to safely commence & maintain buprenorphine, and maintain established methadone treatment for opioid dependent patients.
- Regularly manage and review of patients throughout treatment, including referral to services and specialists when required.
- Manage planned withdrawal of a patient from opioid treatment and link to ongoing treatment.
- Implement the legal and administrative requirements for the use of methadone and buprenorphine pharmacotherapies in the treatment of opioid dependence.
To register and complete the course visit www.otac.org.au. Contact us on 02 9515 9811 or otac.infosydney.edu.au.