- : Sydney NSW 2066
Our ALS course (Mangement of Medical Emergencies in the Remote setting, General Practice - RACGP No 83636) covers the following skill sets:
- Identify the most common medical emergencies affecting patients, using a risk mangement approach;
- Manage the immediate care of medical emergencies utilizing a practice management (crew resource management) system;
- Apply techniques and protocols consistant with current emergency medical guidelines for pre-hospital care;
- Refer the patient to further appropriate care
- Competence in intravenous access, drug therapy and intraossious
- Use of magill forceps
- Spinal imobilization
There is a Predisposing and Reinforcing activity that must be completed to receive the full 40 QI/CPD points with the RACGP. The Predisposing Activity will be sent to you on confirmation of your enrolment on the course or you can follow the link below to access both activities:
This course is approved by RACGP and ACRRM for QI/CPD points.
Participants will receive a CPD Statement for your registration requirements. Cynergex will notify RACGP and ACRRM of your successful completion of the course and arrange the awarding of your QI/CPD points.