GP Education - Skin Cancer Workshop - Rhodes
- : Online
To provide General Practitioners with the skills and knowledge to diagnose and manage advanced skin cancers and benign and precancerous lesions. The Workshop is led and facilitated by leading Dermatologists. It is delivered face to face on one day.
The Workshop provides GPs with an opportunity to engage in a case study session with a focus on:
- The diagnosis and management of advanced skin cancers and benign and precancerous lesions.
- Opportunity to explore the use of dermoscopy and how to conduct a full skin check using diagnostic algorithms.
- Discuss and demonstrate surgical and non-surgical treatment options including a hands on practical surgical session which covers the various types of skin biopsies, and suturing techniques.
Total simulated hours:
Total contact hours:
At the successful completion of this workshop, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate how to perform basic dermatological surgery and procedures (cryotherapy, biopsies, sutures and suturing techniques).
- Discuss the appropriate circumstances to perform basic dermatological surgery and procedures.
- Discuss the risk and complications relating basic dermatological surgery and procedures.
- Develop a surgical risk management plan.
Course eligible for 1 day of rural procedural grants under Surgery component.