HBV Prescriber Update: Interactive Case Discussion
- : Online
Update in Hepatitis B for s100 Community Prescribers is intended to provide continuing professional development opportunities for GPs participating in the National Hepatitis B Prescriber Program. The update may feature treating specialists or prescribing GPs and include special presentations on new research, virology, clinical practice, case discussion, and other topics.
Total lecture hours:
6:30pm – 9pm, 2.5 hours
Location: The Glen Hotel 24 Gaskell St, Eight Mile Plains QLD 4113.
- Screen at-risk patients, accurately diagnose CHB infection and assess phase of the disease
- Monitor patients appropriately, establish suitability for treatment
- Describe aims of treatment, antiviral treatment options, duration of therapy and definitions of response
- Monitor patients on treatment according to established protocols, recognise and manage treatment response, resistance, hepatitis flares, & encourage compliance
- List risk factors, clinical signs, symptoms and complications of advanced liver disease and appropriately manage or refer to specialist care.
Links to register