Heart Failure Presectorship - Bundoora
Designed for GP's with an interest in heart failure management, the Heart failure Masterclass and Clinical Preceptorship Program is interactive and features specialised cardiologists presenting a Masterclass series with case study workshops, panel discussion and interactive in-clinic experience. The full program comprises of 3 parts.
Total lecture hours:
Total simulated hours:
Personal study hours:
Total contact hours:
The Predisposing questions relate to Heart Failure patients and the general therapeutic area designed to identify areas of need for the delegate. This ensures the presenters can add maximum value and address the most relevant topics for the GP's.
A series of questions that are relevant to Heart Failure and the general therapeutic area that covers the information presented during the activities. This enables the delegates to process the information and make adjustments in their practice from their learnings of the activity.
- Understand the classification of heart failure and identify high risk features in patients with heart failure
- Understand the diagnostic tools available for heart failure and increase knowledge of test interpretation to improve patient care.
- Identify challenges in primary care assessment of patients with HF and recognise who patients are suitable for specialist referral.
- Increase familiarity with the National Heart Foundation Heart Failure Management Guidelines 2018
- Recognise the non-pharmacological and pharmacological treatment options available for heart failure patients in General Practice
- Identify strategies to reduce hospital re-admission and mortality after acute decompensation of heart failure.
- Recognise typical and atypical features of heart failure presentations
Completion of attendance of all three activities in additon of completion of the Predisposing and Post (reinforcing) Activity.
Dr Leighton Kearney BMedSci, MBBS (Hons), PhD, FRACP General cardiologist, noninvasive cardiac imaging specialist and specialist in heart failure Clinical services director – Heart failure and new models of care
Dr Wai-ee Thai MBBS (Hons), FRACP General cardiologist, noninvasive cardiac imaging specialist and specialist in heart failure
Dr Ken Lu MBBS, FRACP General cardiologist, noninvasive cardiac imaging specialist and specialist in heart failure
Dr Hamid Salehi MD, FRACP General cardiologist, noninvasive cardiac imaging specialist and specialist in heart failure