Hepatitis B s100 Prescriber Course
- : Brisbane City QLD 4000
This course is designed to support GPs to manage and treat hepatitis B in the primary care setting and is an opportunity to become an s100 prescriber for hepatitis B treatment.
More than 220,000 Australians are living with chronic hepatitis B, with only 5% of people who need antiviral treatment receiving it. Without access to appropriate care, around 15-25% of people will die from their condition.
Through online learning and interactive face-face teaching, participants will learn to:
- Screen at-risk patients, accurately diagnose CHB infection and assess phase of the disease.
- Monitor patients appropriately, establish suitability for treatment and refer to specialist care if indicated.
- Discuss aims of treatment, antiviral treatment options, duration of therapy and definitions of response.
- Monitor patients on treatment according to established protocols, recognise and manage resistance, hepatitis flares and response.
- Recognise risk factors, clinical signs, symptoms and complications of advanced liver disease and manage or refer to specialist care appropriately.
The course will be presented by local specialists with expertise in hepatitis B.