HLT37215 Certificate III in Pathology Collection
- : 158 Ferny Avenue Surfers Paradise Qld 4217
Pathology specimen collectors (Phlebotomists) are vital members of a pathology laboratory team. They need considerable technical expertise, along with good interpersonal skills. Their role includes collecting blood and other specimens from both hospital patients and external clients for pathology testing.
This course provides valuable skills, knowledge and practical experience to anyone who wants to pursue a career in the interactive, flexible and challenging world of pathology specimen collection (phlebotomy).
The course covers:
- procedure for collecting blood specimens by venipuncture
- procedures for handling and transporting pathology specimens
- standard additional precautions
- communicating in the workplace
- complying with infection control policies and procedures
- collecting pathology specimens other than blood
- identifying and responding to clinical risks associated with pathology specimen collection
- quality assurance.