Infection Prevention and Control course: Transmission Based Precautions for Oral Health
Infection Prevention and Control - Transmission Based Precautions
Infection Prevention and Control - Transmission Based Precautions course is targeted at healthcare workers in clinical or acute care. The goal of this training is to reduce the incidence of infection in the clinical workplace. This online course forms part of infection prevention professional development.
This course is primarily focused on healthcare associated infections (HAIs). These are infections that are acquired in healthcare settings or that occur as a result of care or treatment. HAIs are the most common complication affecting hospital patients. They are also common in other healthcare settings, such as GP clinics, dental clinics and long-term care facilities - for example residential aged care facilities.
This course has been developed to give the learner an understanding of how to apply transmission-based precautions, contact precautions and droplet precautions, airborne precautions. It also looks at other additional factors.
Infection Prevention and Control Suite of 3 Courses
Infection Prevention and Control - Transmission Based Precautions is the third of three online courses in Kineo’s Infection Prevention and Control Suite of courses. The other course titles in this suite are:
- Infection Prevention and Control - The Basics
- Infection Prevention and Control - Standard Precautions
Another course commonly assigned to learners in addition to this suite is Hand Hygiene for Healthcare Workers.
This course is specifically designed for clinical staff.
This course provides training in the following areas.
- Transmission-based precautions used in healthcare environments to prevent and control infection
- What contact precautions are and how to use them against contact with infectious agents
- What droplet precautions are and how to use them to prevent infection transmission
- What airborne precautions are and how to use them against infectious agents.
Transmission-based precautions are used alongside standard precautions. You should have a good understanding of basic microbiology and standard precautions used in infection prevention and control, before completing this course.
Transmission Based Precautions is a focused online training course featuring the following.
- 30 minutes course duration
- Interactive activities
- Video content
- Look and feel specific to a healthcare environment
- Accessibility functionality for WCAG AA compliance
- Full course voiceover
- Assessments at the end of each section
- Downloadable mask poster
- Certificate of completion
- Adaptics - Kineo’s pre-assessment technology
This course is created in collaboration with a recognised subject matter expert and infection control professional.
Successful completion of this course may count towards CPD points.
Endorsed by the Australian Healthcare and Hospitals Association (AHHA).
The AHHA endorses this course as meeting AHHA’s standards for educational quality and usability with the content having been developed by an appropriately credentialed subject matter expert.