Intercultural Communication in Aged Care - Package
The better we know the language and culture, the person and the situation, the better we are at intercultural communication and addressing care, challenging behaviours and unmet needs
This course is aimed at supervisory and direct care staff working in multicultural aged care environments.
This course provides an understanding of:
- ageing, cognitive decline and dementia, and communication
- linguistic, cultural and faith-based diversity in aged care
- the role of languages, cultures and faiths in care
- the role of personal histories, life experiences and memories in care
- how staff and residents together can optimise care and safety.