Introduction to Special Educational Needs course for Medical Doctors
This session gives an overview of the different types of special educational needs and barriers to learning.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the spectrum of general and specific learning difficulties and the complexity of factors that lead to special educational needs
- Assess how biological, environmental and emotional factors lead to special educational needs
- Describe the neurodevelopmental risks of low birth weight and prematurity
- Describe dyslexia and other specific learning impairments including language impairments and relevant medical assessment
- Assess and manage developmental coordination disorder
This session uses self assessments that help you check what you have learnt. You do not have to use them and your answers are not seen by anyone else.
Gabriel trained in paediatric neurodisability and has been a Consultant in paediatric neurodisability at DGH in Winchester since 2007. He is a member of BACD, BACCH, BPNA as well as member of RCPCH informatics group, BACCH informatics group and BACD Wessex rep. He has been part of the NICE guidelines development group on the management of autism in children and took part in the UK workshops of the EACD developmental co-ordination disorder guidelines. He has been local college tutor for 5 years and has an interest in teaching.
- Introduction to Special Educational Needs course f...
- Posted By eIntegrity Healthcare e-Learning
- Posted Date: 2023-11-11
- This session gives an overview of the different types of special educational needs and barriers to l...