This is a Featured Course!
Management of incontinence in general practice
- : Chatswood NSW 2067
Incontinence is an under diagnosed problem in Australia, affecting all age groups from early childhood to the elderly and can be the cause of shame, embarrassment, depression and loss of self-esteem. This education module provides guidance on the assessment and management of urinary and faecal incontinence, including recommendations for patient education and self-care.
- Understand who is at high risk of developing urinary incontinence.
- Describe the psychosocial issues that are associated with incontinence.
- Understand the importance of specific questioning to identify the type of urinary incontinence.
- Summarise the non-pharmacological approaches to the management of incontinence.
- Apply a management plan around faecal incontinence in children.
- Identify the key management factors associated with with incontinence and the elderly.
- Ensure patient safety by providing patient education and information on self-care.
This education was prepared by ThinkGP.
|Management of incontinence in general practice - education|
|Management of Incontinence in General Practice - evaluation|