Management of Obesity
- : Online
This online course includes scientific background and practical clinical information aimed at health practitioners involved in the assessment and treatment of people with obesity. Clinical case studies and interactive questions are designed to maximise engagement and learning.
In recent years, advances have been made in our understanding of the biology of obesity, which has led to the development of new treatment approaches. Management of Obesity is an online course developed by physicians specialising in obesity research and clinical practice. The course is designed to provide an evidence-based approach for managing patients who are seeking treatment for obesity.DESIGNED FOR
The course is suitable for all clinicians involved in the management of patients with obesity, including general practitioners, physicians, doctors in training, dietitians, allied health professionals and students.
- Tutorial 1: Overview of obesity
- Tutorial 2: Why is weight so hard to lose and so easy to regain?
- Tutorial 3: Initial approach to the patient with obesity
- Tutorial 4: Medical management of obesity 1: An introduction to lifestyle interventions
- Tutorial 5: Medical management of obesity 2: Very low energy diets
- Tutorial 6: Medical management of obesity 3: Pharmacotherapy
- Tutorial 7: Surgical management of obesity
- Tutorial 8: Managing weight in specific situations: Older adults, women planning pregnancy and people with T2DM
- The assessment is submission of 8 self-assessments and 19 case studies.
- A Certificate of Completion is provided upon satisfactory completion of the course.
Dr Priya SumithranCOURSE COORDINATORS
Prof Joseph Proietto
Dr Cilla Haywood