Management of Obesity
In recent years, advances have been made in our understanding of the biology of obesity, which has led to the development of new treatment approaches. Management of Obesity is an online course developed by physicians specialising in obesity research and clinical practice. The course is designed to provide an evidence-based approach for managing patients who are seeking treatment for obesity.
The course is suitable for all clinicians involved in the management of patients with obesity, including general practitioners, physicians, doctors in training, dietitians, allied health professionals and students.
- Assess patients with obesity using Edmonton Obesity Staging System (EOSS) and set appropriate system-based treatment goals
- Explain body weight regulation to patients
- Construct an evidence-based treatment plan for obesity management
- Access a patient's suitability for intensive weight management interventions including very-low energy diets, pharmacotherapy and bariatric surgery
- List the routine monitoring and medication adjustments recommended for patients prescribed a very-low-energy diet