In response to COVID-19, the University of Sydney has reviewed the availability of courses to be delivered remotely for students commencing their studies in Semester 1, 2021.
Some units of study and/or placements relating to this course cannot be delivered remotely or online for students commencing their study in Semester 1, 2021. You will be required to attend in-person on campus from Semester 2, 2021.
Note: The University intends to offer as many units of study as possible in a remote as well as face-to-face learning method of delivery in Semester 1, 2021 and subject to ongoing border closures and public health orders impacting attendance on campus, in Semester 2, 2021. However, some units of study and courses require students to study in-person at the relevant University of Sydney campus/es and host locations for placements and will not be available remotely.
For detailed information on remote study options for international students in 2021 please read the section below titled 'Options for international students commencing remotely in 2021.'
About this course
Work on the frontline of 21st century healthcare. You will learn how to work with a range of innovative imaging technologies including small mobile X-ray machines and larger units such as MRI and CT scanners, as well as sophisticated cardiac units to enable accurate patient diagnosis and treatment.
Learn from expert academics to work closely with radiologists and use a range of modalities to provide images and data for the diagnosis and treatment of injury or disease. You will develop the skills and knowledge to produce and analyse the images and data generated to determine whether diagnostically adequate and appropriate for radiological interpretation.
Why study this course?
- As a diagnostic radiography student, you will learn from expert academics to work closely with radiologists and use a range of modalities to provide images and data for the diagnosis and treatment of injury or disease.
- You will develop the skills and knowledge to produce and analyse the images and data generated to determine whether diagnostically adequate and appropriate for radiological interpretation.
- Our Master of Diagnostic Radiography program is assessed for accreditation leading to graduates being eligible for provisional registration with the Medical Radiation Practice Board (MRPB).
How will you learn?
- The Master of Diagnostic Radiography program is delivered on-campus with a two-year full-time course duration.
- You will learn in our purpose-built laboratories, on-site health clinics and use high-calibre equipment across our dedicated health facilities.
- Through a number of clinical research and professional placement opportunities in both public and private sectors, you will learn to combine your theoretical study with the practical capabilities of a professional diagnostic radiographer.
The information on this page applies to prospective students. Current students should refer to their faculty handbooks for course information.
Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) are available for this course for eligible domestic students. This means that your course fees are subsidised by the Australian Government and you pay a student contribution amount (SCA). CSP places are limited in number and are allocated based on academic merit.
Faculty/University School: Faculty of Medicine and Health
Credit points required: 96
Course abbreviation: MDR
USyd code: MADIARAD1000
UAC code: N/A
Study mode: On-campus day
Study type: PGCW
Location: Camperdown/Darlington campus
Duration full time: 2 years full time for Domestic and International students
Duration part time: Not available part time
What you'll study
During this two-year degree, you will complete a number of clinical research and professional placement opportunities, allowing you to combine your theoretical study with the practical capabilities required of the diagnostic radiography profession. Clinical placements are undertaken across both the public and private sectors, providing the opportunity to practically apply your knowledge and develop invaluable industry experience.