MEDICAL EMERGENCY TRAINING FOR DENTAL PRACTICES
- : Sydney NSW 2066
The course is delivered at your practice, direct to you and your team.
The course takes 5 hours and is delivered Australia wide.
Alternatively, individual dentists can attend a one day centralised course under the auspices of the State Branches of the Australian Dental Association.
The course covers basic and advanced life support.
- Threat assessment allowing the identification of the most likely medical emergencies in the dental practice
- The latest scientific developments underpinning medical practice in emergencies
- Basic life support (CPR and Use of Defibrillators)
- Use of advanced airway techniques and equipment
- Drug therapy in anaphylaxis, asthma, hypoglycaemia and cardiac conditions
Participants receive a Statement of attendance at the Management of Medical Emergency Training in a Dental Practice which covers CPR and CPD points for dental professionals.
For practices seeking accreditation this course covers Standard 1.8.3 which requires the practice to show that "systems exist to escalate the level of care when there is an unexpected deterioration in health status". Cynergex ME course covers the strategies and evidence for this standard.