Melbourne General Practice Education Day 2016
- : Melbourne VIC 3000
This seminar focuses on a range of general practice topics, requested by the GPs of Australia. Designed to suit your learning needs, this one-day seminar gives you the resources and practical strategies you need for your practice.
The seminar includes 18 different topics on general practice, presented by experts in the field. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
GPs will gain 16 category 2 CPD points for attending the seminar. An optional 40 category 1 CPD points are available, instructions for the ALM will be provided at the seminar.
See www.healthed.com.au/seminars/mgped16/ for more information.
- A Practical Case Based Approach to Assessment and Management of Testosterone Deficiency in Men; A/Prof Carolyn Allan, Head, Endocrine Services in Pregnancy, Monash Health
- T2 Diabetes - Should We Be Treating Earlier and More Aggresively?; A/Prof Ralph Audehm, Associate Professor, University of Melbourne
- Using the New Zoster Vaccination in GP; Prof Robert Booy, Head of Clinical Research, NCIRS and Westmead Children's Hospital
- Managing Enuresis in Children - Specific Topic to Be Determined by Survey;A/Prof Patrina Caldwell, Academic Paediatrician; Senior Staff Specialist, The Children’s Hospital, Westmead
- Assessment and Management for the Patient with Unusual Fatigue - What to Do When OSA has Been Excluded?; Dr David Cunnington, Sleep Physician; Director, Melbourne Sleep Disorders Centre
- Australia and the Ice Epidemic: Sorting Out the Fact from Fiction for GPs;Paul Dillon, Educator, DARTA
- Metabolic Surgery Update - Which Option for Who and Why?; Prof John Dixon, Head, Clinical Obesity Research, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne
- eMental Health - What GPs Need to Know; Prof Mukesh Haikerwal AO, Chair, Australian Institute of Health and Welfare; School of Medicine, Flinders University
- The Renewed National Cervical Screening Program; Dr Stella Heley, Sexual Health Physician and Senior Liaison Physician, VCS
- Travel Medicine for Children - Tips and Traps; Dr Bernard Hudson, Senior Lecturer, Medicine, Northern Clinical School, University of Sydney
- Hepatitis C Prescribing - A Practical Guide for GPs; Dr David Iser,Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist
- Non-Drug Alternatives to Statins; Dr Jason Kaplan, Specialist Cardiologist and Physician; Clinical Lead of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Medicine, Macquarie University
- An Update for GPs on Modern Radiation Therapy & Hormones for Prostate Cancer; A/Prof Jeremy Millar, Director of Radiation Oncology, Alfred Health; Adjunct Associate Professor, Monash University
- Tailoring Antidepressant Therapy; Dr Tom Paterson, Psychiatrist; Director, Adelaide Clinic Community Service
- House Dustmite Allergy, Rhinitis and Asthma - When to Suspect, How to Manage, Common Myths and Misperceptions; Dr Kymble Spriggs, Specialist Allergist and Clinical Immunologist, Royal Melbourne Hospital and University of Melbourne
- NOACs: Explore How Emerging Evidence is Influencing Treatment Considerations for Doctors and Patients; Dr Matthew Swale,Electrophysiologist, GenesisCare, HeartCare Victoria
- Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson’s; Dr Wesley Thevathasan, Consultant Neurologist, Melbourne University Hospitals; NHMRC Health Practitioner Fellow
- Low Back Pain - A Practical Approach for GPs; Dr Michael Vagg, Clinical Senior Lecturer, Musculoskeletal Medicine, Deakin University School of Medicine