Mental health and the menopause transition
A free webinar for health professionals
Join renowned experts Professor Rodney Baber AM and Professor Jayashri Kulkarni AM along with host and Jean Hailes GP Dr Tessa King as they discuss the impacts of menopause on mental health.
The webinar for health professionals will include:
- a discussion of common midlife presentations
- brain changes during the menopause transition, including brain fog, depression, anxiety
- management of mental health symptoms during the menopause transition including the use of menopausal hormone therapy (MHT)
- case studies
- question time.
The webinar will be for all health professionals (including but not limited to GPs, nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists and pharmacists).
Please send your questions when you register so we can tailor the content accordingly.
By the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- recognise common symptoms such as brain fog, anxiety and depression that affect many women during the menopause transition
- understand that mental health and cognitive symptoms may be present without vasomotor symptoms during the menopause transition
- understand the impacts of hormones on the brain during the menopause transition
- evaluate the benefits and risks of menopausal hormonal therapy (MHT) for the management of mental health symptoms during the menopause transition
This webinar is activity number 374284. It is accredited with RACGP with 3 CPD points.
Note: This CPD activity does not count towards GP’s RANZCOG accreditation.