Mental Health Drug Program
This online education refresher program is suitable for Registered Nurses, and Enrolled Nurses who are already Medication Endorsed. It is ideal for annual refresher training and for nurses who require their CPD (continuing professional development).
This course is NOT appropriate for Enrolled Nurses who are not Medication Endorsed, nor for Disability Care Workers, PCAs, or Aged Care Attendants. We advise these workers to seek advice from their employers as which competencies are required and where they are to be obtained.
We present this program using clinical scenarios that requires the participant to recognise safe and unsafe practice. Although extremely important, the ability to calculate medication doses accurately is but one of a multitude of factors that lead to safe practice in medication administration. The drug calculation section is a review of the formulae in common calculations, rather than an intensive maths skills program. This program uses the scenarios specific to the mental health context.Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Relate the five rights of drug administration to clinical examples.
- State common factors that can lead to medication errors.
- Recognise unsafe drug administration practices.
- Recognise inappropriate or unclear orders.
- Identify appropriate actions to minimise risk of medication errors.
- Calculate accurate drug dosages using appropriate formulae.
- Reflect upon own practices in drug administration.
This fun interactive online nurse health cpd education program is suitable for medication endorsed enrolled nurses who require their CPD (continuing professional development).