Module EP1 - Flexible Endoscopes & Ultrasound Probes - IPC Risk Management
This course has been developed to provide healthcare workers (HCWs) responsible for the management and reprocessing of Flexible Endoscopes and Intracavity Ultrasound Probes (also referred to as reusable medical devices – RMDs) with an understanding of the recommended Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) practices for these procedures.
Suitable for all healthcare workers responsible for the reprocessing of Flexible Endoscopes and / or Intracavity Ultrasound Probes.
The content of this course incorporates the appropriate requirements of AS/NZS 4187 Amendment 2 published in May 2019.
This module will provide you with an understanding of IPC principles and risks related to Flexible Endoscopes and Intracavity Ultrasound Probes, including:
- education, experience and learning tools
- environment and equipment
- Procedure Room and Reprocessing Area practices
- responsibilities of HCWs in relation to IPC management of Flexible Endoscopes and Ultrasound Probes, including Loaner/New Flexible Endoscopes and Ultrasound Probes
- appropriate precautions, including Standard and Transmission Based Precautions, personal
- protective equipment (PPE) and effective hand hygiene, and
- documentation, and incident management.