Opioid Induced Constipation QI Program
- : Melbourne VIC 3000
This Quality Improvement (QI) Program aims to improve the management and quality of life in patients taking opioids and experiencing constipation.Learning objectives
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Know how to diagnose OIC (including an awareness of the barriers to diagnosis) and assess the severity and impacts of OIC.
- Recognise the importance of non-pharmacological approaches to managing OIC.
- Understand the importance of taking a laxative use history and monitoring laxative use in patients with OIC.
- Undertake opioid-switching, and understand the efficacy and safety of opioid receptor antagonists in the management of OIC.
- Make treatment choices based on best practice and available evidence, and ensure patient safety by regular review and monitoring.
This activity is sponsored by Mundipharma.
Why take part in this program?
How long should it take?
Steps to proceed
|Opioid Induced Constipation – Pre-Test|
|Opioid Induced Constipation - Declaration|
|Opioid Induced Constipation – Patient Entry|
|Opioid Induced Constipation – Management Review|
|Opioid Induced Constipation - Evaluation|