Paediatric Anaesthesia Crisis Resource Management
- : Online
This course provides an update on current management of paediatric anaesthesia emergencies with an additional focus on the principles of crisis resource management.
Paediatric anaesthesia emergencies require effective teamwork to ensure best possible outcomes. This course promotes a team-based approach and anaesthesia assistants are encouraged to attend with their medical colleagues.
- Applying a systematic approach to crises in the perioperative setting
- Effective teamwork and communication strategies
- Paediatric anaesthetic crises including trauma, sepsis, undiagnosed syndromes, airway emergencies and medication errors
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Formative assessment
- Provision of feedback via instructor facilitated debriefings following each scenario, covering technical (clinical) and non-technical (teamwork) points
HNE Simulation Centre courses are delivered by specialist doctors and senior nurses who are trained simulation instructors and clinically active in the specialty areas of anaesthesia, intensive care (adult, paediatric and neonatal) and emergency medicine.
Course evaluation methods include:
- Immediate oral feedback from participants
- Anonymised online questionnaire emailed to participants after the course
- Instructor feedback
Approved for 1 Day Procedural Grant under Emergency or Anaesthetics component.