Paediatric Assessment & Recognition of Deterioration in Children
About the course
This face-to-face workshop will equip participants with the foundational knowledge required to recognise normal growth and development in children and apply this to a systematic physical assessment. Paediatric Red Flags will be highlighted, and systems for early recognition of deterioration will also be covered. A case vignette will be used to challenge clinical decision-making skills in the diagnosis and management of a critically unstable paediatric patient, using evidence to support decisions and exploring relevant clinical practice guidelines.
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for nurses and midwives who may see infants and/or children in their work context and are interested in developing their paediatric assessment and management skills.
Key learning outcomes
On completion, participants will be better able to:
• Recognise normal growth and development in infants and children
• Complete a comprehensive systematic physical assessment of infants and children
• Recognise the early signs of clinical deterioration in infants and children using the Paediatric red flag system
• Apply critical thinking and decision-making skills in the recognition and management of critically unstable infants and children
• Incorporate evidence-based research and clinical guidelines into practice
Sign in or create an account to secure your place today.
Please log in to your membership account using the My ACN drop down box on our website.
If you have never enrolled into one of our online courses, you will need to “create a new account” following the prompts.
If you have previously enrolled, you can log on using your previous username and password.
By registering for the short course you are agreeing to the registration Terms and Conditions.