Paediatric neuromuscular disorders: early intervention is key
- : Melbourne VIC 3000
Paediatric neuromuscular disorders can greatly impact quality of life, and delays in diagnosis can result in poor prognosis compared to early intervention. This module aims to increase knowledge on paediatric NMDs and their associated red flags for referral, and understand the role of the GP in the management of the patient.
On completion of this education activity participants will be able to:
- Understand the different types of common paediatric neuromuscular disorders (NMDs)
- Describe the pathway and barriers to the optimal management of NMDs
- Discuss the role of a multidisciplinary approach to NMD patient management
- Identify the key signs and symptoms of common paediatric NMDs
- Ensure best outcomes by confidently assessing and referring children with NMDs
This activity is sponsored by Biogen Australia.
|Paediatric neuromuscular disorders: early intervention is key - education|
|Paediatric neuromuscular disorders: early intervention is key - evaluation|