Pelvic and Perineal Pain Management - Brisbane
- : Brisbane City QLD 4000
Pelvic pain can present in many ways, and the triggers can be multiple and complex. Common complaints include pain with sitting, walking and sex, often with bladder and bowel symptoms.
In this course Elizabeth Howard will explain the most common presentations, how to easily identify these, and more effectively help your patients.
It will include practical examination and treatment protocols for pelvic girdle pain, pudendal neuralgia and other pelvic nerve pain that you will be able to use with confidence in your practice. We will cover;
- Key clinical signs and symptoms
- The latest, most efficient clinical examinations and other tests for diagnosis
- Conservative treatments including self-management, manual therapy and common medications
- Interventional treatments available and when these are indicated
- Osteopathic treatment principles and protocols that are easy to integrate into your current practice
- Time to practice examination and treatment protocols (no internal techniques, however these can be discussed)
- Validated tools to track your patient’s progress/use for research (Pelvic Pain Impact Questionnaire and DN4)
- Links to many resources currently used at WHRIA
- Update on WHRIA’s treatment protocol for women suffering complication of transvaginal mesh implants
The course will run from 8:30AM to 4PM, the cost includes morning and afternoon tea, e-notes and an e-certificate of attendance for your CPD records for 6 hours. Places are limited to 20 attendees to ensure adequate time and supervision.