PHYSICAL EXAMINATION WORKSHOP
- : Melbourne VIC 3004
Physical examination is an essential component of any doctor patient interaction in different clinical settings. It helps us not only to identify the different system involvement in any particular disease but to monitor the disease progression as well.
Every doctor should have excellent knowledge and skills to perform the comprehensive physical examination. Physical examination plays a critical role in deciding the hemodynamic stability of the patient in the emergency department which significantly alters the patient management and outcome.
This workshop is conducted as 2 day programme which will cover the general physical and focussed system examination of different body systems.
1. Introduction as to why physical examination is important during patient consultation.
2. How to check vital signs and perform general physical examination.
3. System examination:
· The cardiovascular system examination.
· The respiratory system examination.
· Abdominal examination.
4. Upper limb examination:
· Shoulder examination.
· Hand examination.
· Upper limb neurological examination.
1. Components of the mental state examination.
2. Cranial nerve examination.
3. Lower limb examination:
· Peripheral vascular disease and diabetic foot examination
· Lower limb neurological examination.
· Varicose vein examination.
· Hip examination.
· Knee examination.
· Ankle examination.
At the completion of this workshop students would have gained knowledge about Physical Examination.
Also, the participant will receive a certificate for attending the workshop.
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
1. Perform systematic physical examination.
2. Improve patient safety by optimising the use of physical examination in conjugation with history and investigations.
3. Interpret abnormal physical findings on examination.
4. Formulate a management plan in the context of positive findings.
5. Recognise when patient needs urgent attention in the general practice & emergency department.