Pre-Hospital and Retrieval Medicine (PHaRM)
- : Online
Our Pre-Hospital and Retrieval Medicine (PHaRM) course is a multidynamic, hands on simulation based day that will provide training and a refresher in first response scenarios for rural doctors.
Created by experienced Rural Generalists, pre-hospital and retrieval specialists, this full-day course will consolidate your emergency skills in unfamiliar or uncomfortable environments.
PHaRM provides participants with a development-based, supportive learning environment that will support you in preparing for patient care situations outside the clinic or hospital.
No pre- or post-course activity required.
This course will provide you with:
- Principles of first response, ambulance, rotary and fixed wing retrieval.
- Initial response in the pre-hospital/pre-retrieval environment
- Airway management in difficult environments
- Principles of extrication and Pt packaging for transport
- Traumatic arrest
- IV and IO access in difficult environments; appropriate for transport
- Procedural sedation and analgesia
lease note: It is mandatory that participants be present for the entire duration of the PHaRM course (8am to 5pm local time). Therefore it is highly recommended for interstate travelers to arrive at the course location at least one day prior to the commencement of the course.
If for any unexpected reason a participant arrives after the course has commenced, their place in the course will be forfeited. The participant will be required to re-book and this may also incur additional charges.