Prescribing and Pharmacology - Virtual Workshop
| PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The 2022 Prescribing & Pharmacology virtual workshop has new content and is based on requests from previous attendees. The course will build on prior knowledge with emphasis on the Nurse Practitioner’s role in safe and effective prescribing using a patient-centred approach.
The workshop includes:
- What’s new: new drugs; changed guidelines for common disease states eg. asthma, COPD, diabetes, cardiovascular disease
- Key issues: legislation, ethics, PBS, scheduling changes, error minimisation, deprescribing
- Case studies: involving multiple medications.
I SCHEDULE OVERVIEW
- Each session will cover different topics. Please ensure you are available on all three Wednesdays.
- Wednesday 16 November 2022
- Wednesday 23 November 2022
- Wednesday 30 November 2022
- Each day : 12pm - 2pm (ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS)
- 9:00am - 11:00am WA
- 10:30am - 12:30pm NT
- 11:30am - 1:30pm SA
- 11:00am - 1:00pm QLD
- The workshop is held virtually, via Zoom.
| WHO CAN ATTEND
This program is available to endorsed Nurse Practitioners, Advanced Practice Nurses, Nurse Practitioner candidates and students, nurses, and health professionals.
I CPD HOURS
- 6 hours* (2 hours per session)
| COST OF REGISTRATION
- ACNP Members: $198.00
- Non Members: $330.00